Our current and previous funders.
Get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org ((+353) 076 670 5832) to talk about how I’m a Scientist can help you meet your public engagement aims.
Science Foundation Ireland (SFI) is the national foundation for research in Ireland. It advances co-operative efforts among education, government and industry that support its fields of emphasis and promotes Ireland’s reputation for science and engineering research.
SFI promotes and supports the study of, education in, and engagement with science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) and promotes an awareness and understanding of the value of STEM to society and, in particular, to the growth of the economy.
In 2021, SFI are funding 3 Zones as part of a 2020 Discovery award: the Kilogram Zone in March 2021 (part of I’m an Engineer, Get me out of here), as well as a general-science Zone and a sustainability-themed Zone in November 2021.
Previous Zones funded by SFI:
- Red Zone in November 2020
- Green Zone in Summer 2020
- Shape the Future Zone, Energy Zone, Sodium Zone, Food Zone, and Water Zone in November 2019
- New Materials Zone, Smart Data Zone, and Environmental Care Zone in November 2018
- Energy Zone and Fluorine Zone in November 2017
- Farming Zone, Smart Data Zone, and Light Zone in November 2016
- Nanoscience Zone and Nitrogen Zone in November 2015
- Boron Zone in November 2014, Helium Zone and Lithium Zone in November 2013
- Health Zone and Hydrogen Zone in November 2012
The Wellcome Trust are dedicated to achieving extraordinary improvements in human and animal health. They support the brightest minds in biomedical research and the medical humanities. Wellcome’s public engagement grants are intended to promote interest, excitement and debate around science and society.
Previous Zones funded by Wellcome Trust:
- Drug Discovery Zone in November 2019
- Genes Zone and Neon Zone in November 2018
- Diagnosis and Food in November 2017
- Oxygen Zone and Mutation Zone in November 2016
- Beryllium Zone in November 2014